I can see the usefulness of a wiki but (like everything on the web) there are pros and cons. So far I am more comfortable using a blog to communicate in group but I think I'm just more used to the process.
We are using a wiki for the Long Range Planning Steering Committee and so far it seems like the info on the wiki is helpful and well organized. (It also helps that the wiki is membership-only and it is moderated.) As a reference librarian, I am skeptical about wikis due to the reputation of wikipedia but I have read wikipedia entries that have been well done, accurate and insightful. It's just a "user-beware" situation.
Sometimes I think too much effort is put into creating wikis when the content is duplicating information that is readily available in other places.
Formerly Incarcerarted Chris Wilson
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment